You know, that your WSS-Sites search uses the SQL-Server Full-Text-Catalog for indexing to work.
To add the PDF search support:
- you’ll need to download and install the PDF IFilter to your SQL-Server(s) used by SharePoint
- rebuild the SQL Server Full-Text-Catalog for each content database
- … and remenber to create a Schedule - it’s more effectively ;)
At Microsoft Office Assistance a new content has been added comparing the performance data about SQL 2000 versus SQL 2005 with SharePoint Portal Server:
… with some interesting results!
|Farm size||SQL Server 2000 |
|SQL Server 2005 |
|Extra-large, topics only||1148||1820||+59%|
|Extra-large, team sites only||1722||1610||–7%|
|Extra-large, home page only||1736||1750||+1%|
There is a new document for Troubleshooting Windows SharePoint Services!
- General Issues
- Security (Troubleshooting Windows SharePoint Services)
- Data Entry
- Document Libraries
- Meeting Workspace Sites
- Themes (Troubleshooting Windows SharePoint Services)
- Online Presence and Instant Messaging Integration
- Web Browsers and Client Programs
- Usage Analysis
- Alerts and Invitations
- Installation and Setup
Thanks to Daniel McPherson’s
Just in case who missed the webcast, there is a free recording available by clicking the following link:
For the free EDRM solution - 80-20 Retention Server for Microsoft SharePoint the 80-20 Software Team will be doing a one hour webcast on 2nd Feb 2006 at (updated) 5:00pm UK time (9:00am US West Coast), (4am 3 Feb Aus East Daylight Time).
- Introduction to information records management.
- Retention Server overview
- Whats the catch ? Why is something this good free?
- Futures / roadmap for O12 Server
- Brief overview of 80-20’s wider enterprise Governance, Risk Management and Compliance solutions Call to action (i) Customers (ii) Microsoft Partners
Be sure, that your system is compatible with MS Office Live Meeting!
SPStatus v1.1 has been released and is available for download from http://james.milne.com/SPStatus/download/files.htm
I would love to hear any feedback you have about SPStatus, so please feel free to reply to this message.
You are receiving this email because you downloaded SPStatus during the year and nominated to receive updates. If you are no longer interested in knowing about SPStatus just let me know.
A FREE add-on for Microsoft SharePoint - the Retention Server.
For organizations using Microsoft SharePoint that need to manage the retention lifecycle of electronic documents and email, 80-20 Retention Server is a free enterprise software solution that automates the retention process by applying information retention policies as part of everyday business processes.
80-20 Retention Server enables organizations to index, link, store, search, access and ultimately disposes of records stored in SharePoint over their complete lifecycle.
- Server - enforces retention business rules, installed on Sharepoint Server, stores documents and metadata in SQL Server.
- Web Part – integrates with Team Spaces and allows direct application of retention schedules to Team documents
- Records Administration Workbench - for records specialists to administer disposal schedules, file plans and archives.
- SDK - allows users, partners, developers etc – to further extend if desired the utility of 80-20 Retention Server for Sharepoint in ways specific to corporate need.
- File Plan – enterprise ready file plan for immediate use, can be extended or modified as needed.
- Step by Step guide - to implementing retention compliance.
Shane… great browsing: Here are 11 free ones you can use - just pop them into a content editor web part and you are all set.
• New tabbed interface
• Code completion and folding support in text editor
• CAML code generator completely rewritten
• Many Bugs fixed
• New Validation error interface inside of the editor
for more information plz visit SharePoint - CAMLEditor v1.0 is here to stay